How to Hire the Right SEO Agency?
Maybe you’ve heard of SEO but never really believed in it, until you realized its an essential part of your digital marketing campaign. Or maybe your SEO efforts weren’t met internally, so you decided to go on the search for the right SEO agency.
The choice is tricky! How can you be sure that whichever SEO firm you choose is the right one, for your business? First, ask yourself a few questions;
- Why does my business need SEO?
- Will SEO increase sales and awareness?
After you identify your reasons for seeking SEO and realizing that your business needs SEO, your next step will be to find an SEO company that should be able to achieve your goals! (This is probably why you’re reading this, really.)
Like any other marketing activity, it is important to set SMART (Specific Measurable Achievable Relevant Time-Bound) goals. If the goals are not SMART, they are not useful. As a client, you must know the difference between good and bad SEO objectives (which is why we’ve outlined them for you below).
Good SEO Objectives:
- Great Objective – aspiring to reach an audience that is researching a certain topic. This is by knowing that this group of people always searches for this type of information
- Very Good Objective – wanting to boost sales through SEO
- Good Objective – increasing brand awareness
These are the main SEO objectives, with excellent targeting being: reaching the proper audience with the right keywords. Now, what could bad SEO objectives be, which won’t help a business?
Bad SEO Objectives:
- Traffic – for the sake of it. Wanting to increase traffic is all well and good, but when it is irrelevant to a business, it is useless. It is important to choose the right keywords, which will positively impact your business, instead of choosing generic keywords that won’t be beneficial. Traffic for the sake of it may sound good on the outside, but without any targeting, it’s useless. Reaching the right audience, on the other hand, should be your goal
- Ranking – just like that. Some businesses may wish to rank for certain keywords without any main reason. However, it is important to target the right keywords that are both relevant and beneficial to your business
As soon as your objectives are set and well defined, you can find the right SEO Agency for your business! Shortlist 3-5 SEO agencies and then pick your perfect fit!
Ways to Find the Ideal SEO agency:
- Do a quick search on google – you’ll find their website, their clients, and learn a lot about what they do through their case studies!
- Check to see if any of your immediate networks have recommendations for them
- See if they have won any awards – they’re not very easy to get!
- Find out if they’ve done good previous work for anyone in your professional industry
Signs That an SEO Agency Isn’t the Right Fit!
- They give you unrealistic expectations and results overnight
- They don’t do a complete SEO audit for your business website
- They don’t ask you or take the time to learn about your business and industry, your customers, and your sales strategy
- They don’t research about your competitors
- They don’t provide you with any on-page SEO recommendations
- They only jump to highly competitive keywords without any long tail keywords – building authority is crucial!
All in all, once you’ve identified your SEO goals and how they correlate with the SEO efforts, you can start the search for an ideal SEO company that will meet these goals! With these points in mind, you will be able to utilize your SEO budget to the max, so no time, money, or efforts are wasted!
Looking for an SEO agency in Dubai? Get in touch with us today to understand what differentiates us from the rest of the agencies & how we can help you achieve your business objectives!
Like what you see? Sign up for regular updates on all things SEO, PPC and Social Media!